ECAS membership benefits and eligibility
ECAS welcomes the following membership applications:
Member in good standing
- Continuing medical education
- Unlimited access to JICE electronic version
- Educationnal tools in the website
- Discount to annual congress fees
Physicians are eligible to Membership in good standing if their CV fulfills the following requirements:
- Status in good standing in their respective communities
- The academic degree of MD or/and PhD
- The training requirements as a cardiology specialist, pediatric cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeons
- Training in electrophysiology and/or cardiac pacing in their country
- Endorsements by 2 members of ECAS or 2 arrhythmologists (optionnal)
Scientists are eligible to ECAS Membership with the following credentials :
- PhD degree; academic or equivalent advanced degree;
- Academic or clinical appointments or position in electrophysiologic laboratories including pharmacology, pacemaker and device technology,
Endorsements by 2 members of ECAS or 2 arrhythmologists (optionnal)
Members are eligible to become Senior Members when they become sixty five (65) year old or disabled or retired.
Founding Members are Member in good standing and renouned experts in the field who have demonstrated their active support to ECAS. Can also be Founding Member those who share the values of ECAS and have provided support to allow its survival.
OTHER MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Affiliate Members are entitled to become an affiliate member
- Physicians and fellows in training
Scientists, during their doctoral period in fields of cardiology, arrhythmias, including pharmacology, pacemaker/device technology;
Associate Member (Allied Professional)
Associate Members are entitled to participate to the activities of the society: The designation of "Associate Member" may be granted to specific persons individually; or to persons who have a genuine interest in the goals of the Society such as engineers, nurses, physicians' assistants, technologists and technicians involved actively with the education, research, design, performance, and/or interpretation of therapies for patients with cardiac rhythm disorders.
The designation of "Honorary Member" may be granted to distinguished persons regardless of whether they are member in good standing.
Admissions: The Membership Review Committee will examine, in the first instance, the acceptability of applicant credentials.
Annual dues: Good Standing Members, Affiliate Members, and Associate Members are requested to pay the respective dues of the Society and sponsor qualified applicants.
All members are encouraged to attend the Annual Scientific Sessions and to participate actively in the activities of the Society.